Monday 8 August 2011

Front Cover Palette - Shadows

Part two of my Front Cover To Go, GoGoGo Palette review is going to be focusing on the 20 various shadows that come in the palette. 
So here goes ...


As you can see the shadows in the palette vary from baked to pressed, shimmer to matte, neutrals to colours. The shadows are great quality and are easily build able, to achieve both softer and  more intense looks. They apply softly and are easy to blend. 

All swatches are applied to clean skin, no primer!
L-R Top Row - Tarn Green, Bright Aqua, Azimuth, Moondust, See the Stars
L-R Bottom Row - Silver Dollar, Powder Puff, Frosted Almond, Pale Gold, Copper Coin

 There are 10 baked shadows in the palette, ranging from neutrals to mainly blues and a couple of greens and olive shades. As with most baked shadows they have a pearly finish with shimmer, but no thick glitter. 

I love the blues and turquoise shades. I definitely recommend purchasing some of the FC Baked shadows as they are pigmented, build able and apply with the most gorgeous finish. 
Definitely a thumbs up from me!! :)  
All swatches applied to clean skin, no primer!
L-R - Plovers Egg + Nine Iron, Bayou + Midnight, Peaches N Cream + Holly Berry, Limeade + Choc Ice,
Magic Banana + Goose Down. 

There are 5 duos, all of which are fairly matte with slight shimmer. They range from mint greens to yellows and pinks. I love the colour pairings of these duos, however I think they could be improved. 
The pigmentation is alright, but it could be better. Another complaint I would have would be that it is hard to only take one shade. I feel as though the duos are squashed into a small pan and if you were to take one shade with a blending brush, you may end up mixing both. 

Overall I am not happy with the duos. It is a shame as they are all beautiful shades, however I think the pigmentation let them down and they are only worth it if you are blending both shades. :(



All swatches applies to clean hands, no primer!
L-R Twinkling Grape, Black Spark, Twinkling Gold
These three shades are referred to as the HOT  Twinkling Baked Powder shadows, Impregnated with Glitter. These shadows are absolutely stunning and super pigmented. They are great for evenings out as they are full of coloured glitters. 

I love these shadows, the pigmentation, finish and smooth formulae. I highly recommend them and would love to have a browse at all of the other shades available. I cannot say anything bad about them, except that I wish there were more in the palette. 


All swatches on clean hand, no primer!
L-R Citronella Crush, Ginger Spice
Both of these shades are HOT pressed single shadows. They have good pigmentation, however they have a chalky application. When I say 'chalky', I am referring to the way they apply, they apply a little to powdery for my liking, meaning they have to be blended in a little more than your average shadow. This can be tackled with a primer or creamy base, to reduce fall out. 
All in all, they are good quality, you just have to keep an eye on fallout. You don't want your shadow dripping down your face. :o 

Over all I would really recommend this palette for the shadows. If you were going to buy them individually than I would recommend the baked shadows, as they are super pigmented and really soft on the touch. 

I am not to keen on the pressed shadows form Front Cover, however I think they apply better with a base. 

In terms of sizing, I think they are fair. Each pan is around the same size as a 10 pence piece and holds from around 0.8-1.6g. 

Have you tried any Front Cover shadows, what did you think?

Love Chessie





No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like ...