Saturday 13 August 2011

Topshop Cream Blushes


Today I went shopping with my mum in the search of a pair of skinny jeans. We began our search in Topshop after I had purchased a pair of MOTO Seven-Eight jeans a couple of months ago (they are extremely comfy and I am definitely going to purchase more colours). 
Whilst in the store I had a little look at their make-up range, as I had read many good reviews on the blushers and lippies. As I only had £5 on hand I decided to go for one of the cream blushers (my mum leant me the remaining £1). Anyway, a long story cut short, I managed to pick up the wrong shade by accident (oops). Instead of the peachy/pink shade I thought I had purchased, I came home with what is described as a Butterscotch shade. 
I wasn't allowed to exchange the product, so ended up coming home with both shades, both full price (£6). I am glad in a way as I am now able to experiment with a shade that I would never have even noticed before.   


L-R: Butterscaoth and Head Over Heels
The compacts include a good sized mirror and 4g-0.14oz of product, which I think is reasonable for £6.  



Cream Blush in head Over Heels
This is the shade that I was originally supposed to pick up. In the pan it is a vibrant peach or coral, however when swatched it is a subtle peach. It is a great natural shade for the daytime, however can be built up for evenings. I can't wait to try this when the sun comes out.

Cream Blush in Butterscotch
I would never have chosen this shade before, as in the pan it looks like a chocolate brown with gold glitters. However when I finally swatched it in the car on the way home it showed up as a shimmery golden peach. I think this shade would work great as a highlight, I say this because it does have a slight shimmer that I know a couple of you may not like. 



From first impressions I am really pleased with these cream blushes. The packaging is simple, yet so cute, with grey polka dots printed on the matte white compact. They are extremely smooth and give a slight glow, making your skin look healthy and hydrated. When first applied they go on quite sheer, however can be built up to achieve a more flushed, pigmented look.  

So far I am happy with these products and can't wait to try more. A full review will be coming up soon. 

Have you tried any of the Topshop products from their line? Tell  me what you think in the comments section below.

Love Chessie


1 comment:

  1. Ah, happy accident! I actually adore both shades, I use the butterscotch on my eyes too:) I love your blog and now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You may also like ...